Michaels Plumbing Service, Woodstock, GA 770-592-0081 >
Michaels Plumbing Service, Inc.

My Georgia Plumber

Tough plumbing problems? Time to call in the Big Dogs!

Man Hurt After Water Heater Explosion

DONNA--A Donna man suffered severe burns when his water heater exploded Sunday morning.

The victim is in San Antonio to get treated for the burns on his arm, hands and face.

"The pilot light went out on the water heater and he went out to light it and apparently the gas got up in the ceiling and when he went to light the heater it exploded. They took him away in an ambulance. He's burned pretty bad," Martin Deyoung, the victim's brother, said.

Deyoung says the victim didn't smell gas when he went to light the water heater. Donna fire chief David Simmons tells us the gas might have leaked all night long.

He says they respond to all types of calls.

"But not actually a full blown explosion where the guest room was heavily damaged. It lifted the roof a little bit. The interior walls are all cracked and everything," Simmons said.

Simmons advices the community to keep propane tanks outside, have working smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, and have a professional check their water heater and heaters since the cool weather is coming.

"As it starts to get cooler here...coming up on december...just to be very careful when they start to want to heat their home," Simmons said.

Original Article Posted November 13, 3016 http://www.krgv.com/story/33699167/1-hurt-after-water-heater-explosion

Comments

There have been no comments made on this article. Why not be the first and add your own comment using the form below.

Leave a comment

Commenting is restricted to registered users only. Please register or login now to submit a comment.


Google+